Friday, August 10

Two toddlers drown in our home town

This is so sad! Here's the story copied directly from KMOV.com - our local news:

"(KMOV) – Police are now saying two toddlers were in the care of two adults, and their teen aunt and uncle. The two brothers drowned in a pool in Warren County, Missouri Thursday. Authorities say the children, ages two and three, drowned at the grandparent's private residence. It happened in the 2200 block of Pinta Drive in Warren County. Initial reports were that the aunt and uncle were the only two in charge of the toddlers. Police Chief Pat Harney says, "There were adults in the house charged with caring for the children." Warren County Child Death Review Board will convene around 10 a.m. Friday, and discuss what happened. Then County prosecutors will decide whether anyone broke the law. The identities of the children have not been released."




There's a conflicting story being told by the media that the two and three year-old boys were in the care of a 12-year-old babysitter. I have yet to see any updates regarding this story.

The house is down just a few streets from ours - See:

I'm torn between feeling sorry for whomever was watching these boys, and being very angry with them for letting such a tradegy occur. I mean, the guilt from such an incident would be enough to kill me alone. I can't imagine what that would do to a person.

Just a sad, sad state of events. Everyone involved is going to need a lot of prayer.

Add to Technorati Favorites




2 comments:

  1. wow! That is so sad! They all definitely need prayer! I just can't imagine!

    on a lighter note - are you going to blog about Give Me a 2nd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "Gimme a 2nd" hehe :op

    I don't know... I kinda feel like I'm stepping on Mom's toes. I'll be sure to mention a little something once I get their advertising flier finished! ;o}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting ~~~ I'm always interested to hear what you have to say!

Web Counter